Monday, January 08, 2007

This and That...

Time is flying by, and once again I am preparing to say goodbye to my family as I head back to California. It's hard to believe that my holiday time at home is over, but I'm looking forward to getting back to Loma Linda and working with my Creator's Call team. :-(

The last couple weeks have been busy ones, between recovering from a minor cold/flu that finally caught up with me after GYC, to working on learning Adobe for Graphics and Editing with CCBN projects, to helping around the house and playing "spy" games with my siblings, to helping mom with various projects. Even got to take her out for an afternoon and help her find several new outfits to add some variety to her wardrobe. That was fun, even if she does have different taste than I. But I guess she has that right, since she's my mom! :-)

On Sabbath, Fiedlers were here and gave us some education about Adventist History. It was especially interesting as Mr. Fiedler talked about some of how Loma Linda began. That has more impact now that I am personally living in Loma Linda. Trey and Julie Shurley and boys also gave us a surprise visit Sabbath. It was fun to catch up with Julie (a friend from childhood days) and the boys 3 & 5 were a blast to chase around the yard and play games with.

Since GYC, I've been struggling with finding a specific focus in my devotions...whether to focus on this topic or that, or to just read inspiration, or to get into more in-depth Bible study. There are a lot of topics I want to do more research on and study out, but somehow, it seems I have a hard time trying to do such intense stuff when I just wake up. So...what to do? I think I have decided to keep it more simple and inspirational, while also making extra time in my week for more intense Bible study and gold-digging. So this morning I started reading "That I may Know Him" again, and did a comparison on the Bible verses used. It was a blessing! I also want to get back into my "scripture memory" routine. That's kinda been slipping for awhile, especially with my crazy schedule. But with God's help, even though things aren't always perfect, I will keep pressing upward.

On my way back to California I have a special treat to look forward to, as I'll be stopping off in Colorado for a weekend of discipleship training with Eric and Leslie Ludy. They are such an inspiration and encouragement, so I'm looking forward to the time of refreshment and sharing with them and a few others.

No comments: