Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yes Lord, you can have my computer!

Since I've been back in Loma Linda, I've been trying to get un-packed, catch my breath, spend some more serious time in Bible study and prayer, and work on Creator's Call organizational needs. And already God brought me a small trial to test my faith. My laptop arrived in the mail yesterday (it had been getting some repairs), but when I plugged it in, it would not start...nor did it seem that the power cord was even giving it proper power so it could charge. I tried all sorts of different things, even left it to sit for a few hours, and then tried again, all to no avail.

I just paid over a hundred dollars to have it repaired, and now it still wouldn't work? Or perhaps it had been damaged in shipping? The repair shop reported that it was working when they sent it out, and I had it insured it with the UPS, but I knew they would not reimburse me for anything since there were no obvious damages on the box.

Well, I was discouraged, but I immediately started praying that God would give me strength to accept the fact that I might not have a lap-top anymore. And that's tough to think about, because I do EVERYTHING on it! However, I certainly can't afford to buy one now that I'm not working, so I would have to trust and leave it in his hands.

This morning, before packing it away, I called the repair shop to ask if they had any additional suggestions. It still would not start and showed no signs of life. "It's ok!" I told myself. "This is God's computer, not mine, so it will work out for the best." Amazingly, and to my shock, while I was talking to the repair guy, my computer turned on!!!!! And it has been working ever since.

But it was like God had to test me to see if I would yield the "loss" to Him, before He gave it back. What a blessing! I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but "Please Lord, give me strength to yield and trust you, no matter what the trial! My life is yours!"

No comments: