Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Welcome back to California


This is the valley I live in currently. The tiny white clump in the very center of the picture is Loma Linda University Hospital. I live along the bottom of the hills about an inch to the lower right of the hospital. I was sooo excited when I saw this from the airplane, because this whole picture encompasses the community I will be living and working in for the next months and maybe years. This is the "Mission field" I never dreamed I would be working in, and the last place I ever wanted to come live! "Lord, I'd rather go to China or India or Africa...anywhere, but please don't send me to Southern California!" :-)

Ahhhh...doesn't God have a sense of humor? Well, here I am, because of God's leading and only by His grace. And as long as He directs, here I will stay.



No comments: