Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An afternoon with my sister...













This blog entry is a little belated...too many other exciting things to talk about, I guess. Like walks around the neighborhood, and knowing God's will!! :-)

Anyway, this past weekend Sunny and I got another chance to go over to Corona Del Mar and see the beach. Actually, it wasn't really planned. After church we were just eating lunch, and Sunny pipes up, "You know where I want to go???" And I knew...without her telling me...it was the beach!!!!

I think this is Sunny's favorite! I like beaches, but they pretty much all look the same to me after awhile!! I'd rather go to the mountains! But just because I've seen this same beach before, as you will see, it didn't keep me from bringing my camera along and taking more pictures. :-) And it's the first time I've been near the coast since November, so it was a special occasion. But more than anything, it was special to have some time with my sister.

She works long days, and by the time she comes home, I'm usually headed to bed...then the next morning, she's getting ready for work and I'm leaving for my walk/jog through the neighborhood. So, although living under the same rough, we really don't have a lot of time to visit and share. So this was opportunity to catch up on our lives!

We are studying Revelation together with a Bible study group, so while we drove over to the coast, we started working on grasping an overview of what this last mysterious Bible book is all about! It was fascinating. Some time, I'll have to take time to jot down some of the exciting things we are learning. Then we just talked...or should I say, "I talked!" She mostly listened! Since I've been staying at home working on CCBN stuff, I don't get out and talk with lots of people every day like she does at work, so sometimes I think I'm getting into "talk deprivation" mode. :-) Bless her heart for listening!! Then we helped each other memorize some new Bible verses...the Three Angels Messages, actually, from Rev 14:6-12. It was exciting to see the Bible come alive as we sought to put it in our heart and make it practical to life!

We both had evening apointments, so all too soon the afternoon was over and we had to head home. Unfortunately, about a couple thousand other cars were also headed the same direction! So once again, due to traffic, we were late! But since I was with my sister, I didn't really mind that much! What a special afternoon it was!

Thanks Sunny!















No comments: