Thursday, February 22, 2007

Coming up for Air!

Well...where do I begin?? ;-/ Since Sunny and I flew back to California this past Monday...we've been on the underwater race-track with hardly a moment to breath! And now...I'm coming up for my first breath of air! Whew!!!

After having a month or more of time to not only breath, but completely rejuvenate and oxygenate my entire system spiritually, mentally and physically, as well as having all the time in the world to work on doing research and planning for CCBN, it's hard to be back in the fast lane. But I keep telling myself, this wont last (at least the track I'm currently on)...only for a few more months until all my bills are paid off and I am financially free!!!! (My best friend Gabe gives me a hard time though, because she says...whether I'm working as a nurse, or on a big ministry project or mission venture, or doing something fun with friends...I'm always on a fast lane! It's just the scenery that changes!) So...maybe it's simply a change of scenery that I want to make in the near future...as the work of bringing in the ever ripening harvest doesn't show signs of slackening off anytime soon!! So the labour will soon be all the more intense!!!

As some of you know, I am starting another "travel nurse" job, this time only 20 minutes away from Loma Linda. It was actually with some reluctancy that I took this new position. CCBN has a lot at stake right now, and we have been moving forward by leaps and bounds, and I want to be able to give them my undivided attention!!! I had told God that if it was His will that I volunteer full time with the ministry, I was willing to forgo that financial security I am use to counting on, and that I would trust Him to pay the bills. But He must block all doors of nursing jobs from opening because I was going to keep applying for different positions. It seemed He was answering my prayer that way for awhile, as nothing came through....that is until right at the last minute, incidently just as my bank account was about to run dry. :-) My travel agent Kara, told me that a days position had opened up in Riverside. (I guess He decided it was time to start payng the bills again!) It was a relief in one way, as it will help me get clear financially....something I've been working at far too long now!!! But I was dissapointed in another way as I had kinda got my heart set on working full time with the ministry. But God's ways are not our ways...as I've seen over and over! So...here I go once again!

I have to admit it's been a tough first week! This hospital is small, but nice enough. But when I arrived on the floor the first day, no one seemed to know where I was suppose to be. When they assigned me to a certain nurse to follow...her reaction was to start swearing...right in front of me! Of course, that was a great way to start off and made me feel wonderful!! ;-) Good thing my ego isn't too fragile! In a nutshell...the day ended up being a disaster! So much for my getting any organized manner of explanation about "how things work on this floor."

Then, to make matter worse, at the end of the shift, the manager told me that I would be on my "own" with patients the next day! I respectfully but firmly told her that there was no way that I was ready for that!! I'd had no organization or explanation about how things worked at "said floor" let alone "said hospital." And I was not about to put my license on the line or take the risk of endangering their patients by taking charge when I didn't even know how things were suppose to go! (Melody doesn't put her foot down like this very often...but in Southern California, one has to be on guard or they might be run over!!)

So thankfully, they decided to let me meet with a group of new employees that happened to be having hospital and nursing orientation (very conveniently) the next day! Then, much to my amazement, they offered me one more day on the floor with someone more organized to make up for the way my first day started! Praise the Lord!!!!

In between rushing through the 12 mile maze of traffic between here and there each morning and evening, I've been also taking Sunny back and forth to work (since her car has had a cold and has been in the car hospital! We just got word that it's better now though, and should be released tomorrow, for which she is very excited!!) And then of course, I've been scrambling trying to get stuff ready for our trip to the youth conference in Dallas where Jen and I will be running a booth for CCBN. Infact, while I catch up on this blog and a few e-mails, I'm currently downloading sermons from audio verse that we are going to upload on a iPod that we're going to give away at our booth in a drawing! I've been working on our booth layout, and getting a new flyer together, while planning for another "True Love is worth waiting for" program that we're gonna film this Sunday, Lord willing! (TJ and Maryanne are the lucky couple this time!!) So....as most know, I relish "multi-tasking" and I've got a bit on my plate right now to multi-task with...so adding that to picking up a regular work load again could make things exciting! But God is good...and I praise Him for the strength and peace He has given, despite my harried days!

So...that's life and news for now! And now...I need to put my weary body and tired brain to bed! ;-)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: