Friday, February 16, 2007

Surprise!!

This last week before I start working again as a "travel nurse," my sweet adopted sister Sunny and I took a quick trip back to Oklahoma to be with the Holland family during a few vacation days they are taking off.

Sunny has been planning to go home for awhile, since she missed the Christmas break with us. But I wasn't planning to go back to OA til April again, if not later! However, all the girls would be home except for me...so just a couple weeks ago, I decided to use one of my "travel vouchers" to go with Sunny and to surprise Holland's and be part of our little family reunion! (The first since last summer!) It was a little hard not telling Hollands what we were planning...but it was worth it in the end!

The first picture is from my morning walk to see the sunrise, before Sunny and I left for the airport! (I guess California and it's beauty is slowly growing on me...even if I don't feel quite at home here yet!!)



The next picture below is from Denver! It was snowing and icing...so before we could fly out of Denver for OKC, we had to go through a de-icing procedure. This was a first for me, and consisted of this woman-driven machine going up on and down with a mechanical arm and spraying our plane down with some types of chemical!! :-)



Here Sunny and I are enjoying a fruit smoothie together! I guess we weren't cold enough yet! It was really fun to have a traveling companion on the airplane this time.



And FINALLY...we made it to Oklahoma! Sunny walked out and met Holland's first, and they went down to baggage claim. Then I came down and snuck up on them and threw my arms around Rita's and Grandma's shoulders (who had also come with them), and they were all totally surprised!!! It was awesome!!! (Notice my "Happy Valentine's" card I pinned to my shirt!!!) It's probably the best Valentine's gift I've been able to give anyone!!



We just finished cleaning up from a scrumptuous oriental meal (inspired by guess who? Sunny!). And now Sunny's enjoying some time with an old friend from Loma Linda, and I'm helping Mrs. Holland catch up on all her grading from Bible and Health class! (Sometimes I wish I still worked as a teacher...although when I see all the homework there is to grade, it gives me second thoughts!) Sandra is re-cooping from a long week of school and tests. (We're proud of her because she has now passed her IV and Intebating Skills in her Paramedic course!) Mr. Holland is busy at the computer. (He helped me with some stuff for CCBN this morning, which was a blessing!) And last but not least, Rita is re-cooping from our spending half the night talking and catching up on life last night! :-) I'm still on California time....so staying up til midnight was not such a tough thing!! Oh the joys...at least we all still have 2 more days together!

No comments: