Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Rainbow of blessings...just from a morning walk!!

It's been difficult for me since I moved out here to California...in more ways than one. I am a country girl at heart, and here it is pretty much all city. I like pure fresh air, and here it is mostly smog. I love peace and quiet, and here it is largely noise and chaos. I like being near to family and close friends, and here I am far away from almost all my family and most people I know are merely acquaintances, not close friends. I like space, and here I am cramped with thousands of people constantly bumping into my elbows or blaring their horns in my hearing. The list could go on!

However, I was thinking the other day, that I needed to start looking more on the bright side and being thankful for the blessings and beauty that God does give my days. For one, I know I am where He has called me to be as I work with "Creator's Call" (no pun intended) and so I need to be content. And for two, there are many bright spots amidst the crowds and traffic and smog. Some, just outside my doorstep!

I walk around the neighborhood here, in the Earthquake fault lines and foothills above Loma Linda pretty much every day. And I've noticed beauty along my path in various places, so the other day, I decided to take my camera along and see how much I could capture on film! I was astounded by the results!!! And you may be too!

It just goes to show that we have a lot more blessings and beauty in our lives than most of us realize!!! We just need to open our eyes and be willing to see it!! :-)

So I hope you enjoy sharing the beauty of my walk...and may your walk be closer to Him, as a result!!!



































This flower seems to know that it's task is not to look around and complain, but to simply bloom where it was planted!!









Spring is almost here...well, it's always here in California!! But the Daffodil still reminds me of springtime!









Notice the beautiful patchwork design of the palm tree bark! Order and design to everything!!


















Nothing as good as California oranges, right? And they are all around me!!













If life throws you lemons, why not make lemonade!! A good lesson to learn!





























Purple glory especially for my mother!! :-)























This made me think of an innocent bride! We are to be the "bride of Christ." What does that actually mean??
























They may be BLUE, but I don't think they are blueberries! But they added some nice variety to the walk!





















I love quaint looking lamps, and this lamp-post and rustic fence added a scenic touch to a otherwise ugly street. I am reminded of the verse, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Why doesn't God give us light to show the distant hills and walkways? Because, He's leading! And all we need to see is where the next step is...at our path! Wow!
























An army of flowers...no one is worried about standing out or being noticed...they are all simply doing their job! Growing!!

This little beauty reminds me of a favorite song I use to sing called.......... "Brighten the corner where you are!"





















Do you notice any resemblance? Who is copying who here??








Even a fire hydrant can symbolize life...for from it will flow springs of life-saving water when in need!!
































Smog and all, it really is quite charming if you have the right perspective! And right at the end of my walk, I noticed that our next-door neighbors had put up their holiday greeting!!! "I love you day" is one of my favorite holidays of the year...so it's a special reminder of all that God has given me, and all that He is!! No matter the place, and no matter the circumstance...in essence, HE IS LOVE!! That's what I'm learning more each day!


No comments: