Sunday, May 06, 2007

Going to New Heights!



Well this last Friday was a High day for me! (Literally speaking!) Jen and I climbed to the top of Mt. San Bernadino (the big mountain that towers above our valley and the same mountain I can see from our living room window!) The elevation was about 10,600+ feet. We climbed about 4,000 of it from where we started, which probably isn't that much for most climbers...but for someone like me that hasn’t climbed a real mountain in almost a year...it was a work out!!

The day started for us about 3:30 am when we got up to finish packing supplies and get ready. We left Loma Linda at 5am and were hiking before 6am! (Notice the pic above with moon between the trees!) We made it to the summit by 11am...almost an hour ahead of what we'd planned! The total hike was almost 16 miles! ;-)

I'm hoping to climb Mt. Whitney with Jen and others this summer, so the training was good for me! The night after the big climb, I slept like a log...the most deep peaceful sleep I've had in a few weeks!!!! Hmmm.....maybe I should go climbing more often!

No comments: