Saturday, October 21, 2006

LLU Singing Bands

Last night I had the priviledge of being a part of the singing band ministry that goes throughout the Loma Linda Hospital cheering people up with song and prayer. This was only my second time to attend as Sunny just introduced me to the ministry last week. I can't believe I've been here over 2 months now, and I never knew what I was missing. :-( But...now I do, and I will enjoy it as much as I can!

At the end of singing bands, we always gather around to talk about prayer request and thoughts from the evening. Last week, one girl shared something that I thought was a blessing. She talked about how she couldn't imagine being confined to a body that no longer worked or had been crushed by some deadly tragedy. "Lord, how could you allow this?" she wondered as she observed different patients. Then it was like the Lord reprimanded her gently, "What? I survived that! I came to earth and was confined to a body that was not my own...And so, if anyone understands, I do. But I did it for you." What a blessing that little illustration was.

Last week I went with the Adult group singing bands. This week I wanted to see what the Peds group was like. And I was again blessed and refreshed. There were many children too young to recognize our presence, too young to understand the world of pain and caus that they have been involuntarily thrust into. But none the less, they are here. Will they live another week or another year? Will they grow up to know Jesus? Will someone tell them of His love? How my heart aches to see the pain of the little children...I wish I could make them well and then take them home and love them and shield them from the hard knocks that life inevitably will bring. But I can't...all I can do is reach out in the little avenues God has given me...and last night it was singing bands. "Someone needs to tell them, someone needs to care...someone needs to show them that Jesus is there..."

No comments: