Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sabbath rest...

Sabbath afternoon Sunny and Kathryn and I took off for the mtns up above San Bernadino. We entered what was called "San Bernadino National Forest." At first I was thinking, "what forest?" for there was only weeds and scrub brush as we climbed the mountain in our car. But as we got closer to the top, the tall pines and firs began to grow and pretty soon we were in the midst of a beautiful forest, and the world of city life was left behind. Ahhhh, what a blessing!

We took a small hike (for we didn't have much time) but it was so refreshing. And it made me homesick, not only for the peaceful country life that I was raised in, but for Heaven. Oh to be free from the cares and the hustle and bustle of the world. To be free of the traffic and people and the sights and sounds that constantly harrass and attack my senses and try to turn me from God. It was a short interlude, our time up in the mtns, but it left me engergized and refreshed, and gave me courage for the mission field that God is preparing me for. Even if it's not in the location I would prefer, and even if I have to be away from home a long time, I know God will be with me and give me strength. So it is with this courage that I go back to the city. Yet no matter where I go, I believe my heart will always be in the mountains!

"For I lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help." Ps 121:1

No comments: