Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Praises

I have a few praises to share....the first of which involves Alisha! It may seem that all my blogging lately has been revolving around Alisha....And I apologize for lack of variety in subjects, but I can only share from my heart! And my heart this summer, since I stopped working, has largely been wrapped up in seeking to help Alisha. It's kinda funny, because I had been contemplating going to India or Bangledesh or maybe back to my homeland of Guyana South America for a mission trip this summer......but then a little while back it was like God opened my eyes, "What are you thinking about Melody??! I've brought the perfect mission opportunity right to your very door step! Why would you go off and leave that for some other unknown adventures?" So, my determination and desire to make this time count with Alisha (for I know it wont last forever) has been impressed upon my heart even more urgently!!

Progress is slow....and it's easy to get discouraged....afterall, you can't just instantly sweep away a life of pain and problems....but little baby steps are being made. God is working!! I've been creating a small Bible Study series for Alisha to do, based off the Amazing Facts study guides, but in more simple ways that are easier for someone like her to understand and at the same time involve more action on her part. I was to take her back up to Victorville again yesterday (where she'll be the rest of this week due to business issues), and wanted to send another lesson with her to work on, but hadn't voiced my desire. Then Alisha, on her own, asked.... "This lesson was great! Could you make another for me to work on while I'm gone???" "Of course!" I replied excitedly! I didn't let her know how excited I was, for I've been praying that she would seek these things on her own.....not just because I hand them to her! Praise the Lord!!! May she continue to have a heart that seeks for truth!

The second praise came tonight during our weekly Creator's Call meeting as we showed one of our "Set-Apart Life" episodes that we are in the process of finishing editing. The topic was "A Father's love." (Referring to the incredible love that God has for us!) Eric Ludy shared through many tears, experiences of raising his 2yr old son Hudson, and how these experiences have been drawing him closer to God. I wondered how our team would respond, as many of them saw and heard the message for the first time. But it was evident that the Holy Spirit was at work, for many of them were obviously touched and even had tears in their own eyes by the end of the program. Afterwards, several asked me, "When are these messages going to be available for the public! I want to share them!" or "That was incredible! We need more messages like this!!!" It's not perfectly professional....or massively eloquent, yet when God is able to speak through someone and touch the heart....that's all that counts! And I just praise Him that we were able to film this series.

The third praise is that tomorrow, we start our 10 days of Operation Global Rain!!! I know God longs to send the Latter Rain more urgently than we long to receive it, but I just praise Him for those that are getting together with the urgent desire to see the Holy Spirit at work, and to see God's work finished! And I pray that this will be a turning point for our church!

So many exciting things happening....sometimes I feel that my heart cannot contain it all! :-)Thankfully, God still only gives me what I can bear.....one day at a time!

No comments: