Friday, June 22, 2007

A Tribute to the important Men in my life!



Well, Father's Day came and went.....and somehow I was sooo distracted that I didn't get up my special "Father's Day Blog" tribute! So, I thought I'd take the time to do that now! :-)

Many children grow up without a father in their life....sometimes I wonder "why" I got so blessed? To have a father that was not only THERE, but that cared.....that taught us about the Bible, about forgiveness, about loving people, about giving to others unselfishly!!! I'll never forget that fall when I was 12 when Daddy and I went to help clean up the disaster on the East Coast after Hurricane Hugo. That is what really sealed our friendship and bond! And since then, while we've weathered many difficult life storms, and been on many more exciting adventures, and now I have moved far away......all the way to California.....that bond still remains! And I will be forever grateful for the "daddy" that God gave me!



Here Daddy is with my two brothers.....just before they took off on their growth spurt, a few years ago! It remains one of my favorite photo's of these three handsome men!




My hiking hero! Daddy and I have hiked more miles together than probably any other person in my life! And what a blessing we've had as we've talked and shared heart to heart during many of those miles. This photo was on a special "Father/Daughter" vacation we took together to Glacier in 2004!



Another favorite "father daughter" shot from Glacier!



And I can't honor dad without also including his first and favorite LOVE, my mom!! What a great team they have made over the years, and what a blessing it has been to watch them love and grow together! They have taught me so many lessons about relationships and loving that have majorly impacted my life.....and also helped me not be willing to settle for less than God's best!!
So happy Father's Day daddy.....AGAIN!!! Even though I called and sent a card through the mail, I wanted to do something a little more public to let you know, as well as the whole world, how thankful I am to have you in my life! I love you daddy, and will always be...your one and only, "Melodious Echo"

No comments: