Friday, June 22, 2007

(A Tribute Cont.)



Of course, Mr. Holland (a.ka. Dad Holland) is also part of this special father's day Tribute....even though we were actually together for Father's Day this year! And our treat was a trip together to the San Diego Zoo! (Something I've wanted to do for years now!)

Like I already said above....most kids don't even have one father, and here....It's been so blessed not only with a wonderful father (mentioned above) but with a godly mentor and adopted father in Mr. Holland. He, more than any other, has probably helped me learn what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist since I began living in the Hollands home as a late teen.

So thanks Mr. Holland for the love and advice and wisdom you've shared with me, for your endless patience, and for the sacrifices you have so often made over the years! You've taught me sooo much about what it means to practically serve God, how to understand the Bible, how to reason from cause to effect, how to be adventurious in trying new things and new foods.....and even how to cook....I mean really cook!!!! Some of my best recipes I learned from you! Yes, we've had our tough times and challenges over my teen and early young adult growing-up years, yet I can't imagine what life would have been like without you and mom Holland!!! ;-)



Dad Holland and his adopted girls!!


In Colorado on vacation last summer with all his girls! (Sweet Mom Holland took the picture!)



Some great memories from hiking in the Oklahoma rocks....otherwise known as the "Wichita Mtns"



Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Holland make a great team!!!! And I'm sooo thankful that they are not only my teachers and mentors, and some of my very best friends.....but also, my second "Mom and Dad!" Happy Father's Day once again, Mr. Holland. So grateful for you!

No comments: