Sunday, October 07, 2007

The good news and bad news about Valerie!

Well there's good news and there's bad news...are you in suspense yet? :-) I guess I am a little late on reporting it all!

The good news is that my friend Valerie got hired for her dream job as an ER nurse here at Loma Linda University! !! I knew God would answer our prayer, and we are both so excited about what the future holds. I also know that it will be great preparation for working in the mission field, which Val hopes to do in the future! (So, WAY TO GO VALERIE!)

The bad news, at least for me, is that Valerie is gone home for 3 weeks to be with her family and get more of her things to be out here...and so now Melody has no one to go climb her morning mountain with, share her meals with, or fight over the morning alarm with! ;-) Actually, we don't fight over anything....really! Having Valerie around has been like living with a sister that I love dearly, and she has been such a blessing and encouragement during the last month we've had together. And while I know she will be eventually looking for her own personal domain, we look forward to sharing the "turf" amongst our fearsome foursome (Sunny, Susy, Mel and now Val) for a few more months!

The cool thing is, having Valerie come out to live with us and do nursing out here was something I started praying about almost a year ago! Isn't it amazing the way God answers prayer??

(So Val, we miss you but are sooo excited about what God has in store! I'm also glad you can enjoy some vacation time with your family before you hit the working world again full force!)

No comments: