Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just came home from work and wanted to give an update on the girl I talked about in previous post:

Wasn't taking care of her originally today, although it ended up that way in the end. (Again that is another long story!) But I still had the Bible and Bible studies (as well as a promise book, and book by Batchelor "Broken Chains - Finding peace for the Raging Soul") that I had promised to bring for her. When I was finally able to get into her room about mid-morning...her whole face lit up! "You came back! I was looking for you, and since you weren't my nurse today, I was afraid you hadn't come!" It was so sweet. But I was rushed with duties, so couldn't talk long then.

However, later on, when her family was gone for a bit, I went in and we talked some more. I brought her the goodies and showed her how to use the Bible and how to start the studies. We also talked more about the Great Controversary that we are in and what God longs to do for and through us. Her whole face was radiant. Finally, I asked if she wanted me to pray for her again. She nodded eagerly. Then I added (as inspiration hit me), "I always pray....Would you like to pray?" She nodded again. "Yes, but I don't know how." So we talked about prayer more in depth and how God wants us to pour out our hearts to Him as a friend.. With no further prompting...she began to pray as tears coursed down her cheeks and she clutched my hand tightly.

"Dear Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and change my life...I want to know you and love you...and I want to know that you love me...I want you to walk beside me and hold my hand! Please save me Jesus! I need you!"

What's so amazing about God is....although He is the KING of the Universe...and He is our CREATOR, our JUDGE, and our LAWGIVER...He is also our FRIEND...and He doesn't demand eloquent words or great speeches, He just looooongs for us to pour out our hearts in simple trust and surrender to Him!!!!!! (Why, oh why....don't we do this more.....?)

Yes, it was exciting to stand with her, as she cried out to God those simple words. And I know it brought even more joy to God's heart! (We are told that when ONE SOUL comes to Jesus, all Heaven rejoices!) I'm just in awe in gratitude and praise...and to think that God honors each of us with such a sacred task of spreading His love. It brings goose bumps to my spine...and humbles my heart. Although I've touched and tasted the love of God, I'm humbled that God would use me, for I still have sooo far to go in learning to really pass it on! While one soul is closer to the Kingdom, there are still thousands...millions more to reach...

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE TO REACH THE OTHERS?? What are you doing with yours???

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." II Pet 3:9

"Search me oh God...and know my heart...try me and know me thoughts...and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting..." Ps 139

No comments: